Friday, April 24, 2009

A Study In Healthy Snacking

I'm a self-admitted snacker. Some people are fine to eat three big meals a day and maybe will occasionally have a little something to munch on in between those meals, but I always have something to eat between breakfast and lunch and lunch and dinner. Part of this has to be because I love to eat and the other part is that if I don't eat between meals I end up over eating at meals because I'm so hungry. I end up regretting it afterwards, and so does my tummy.

In my quest for new and healthy snacks, my current love is Fage (pronounce fay-eh), the brand of Greek yogurt that you've probably seen popping up in grocery stores everywhere these days. I'm a little embarrassed to say I first tried Fage only a month or two ago, but with good reason. Greek yogurt looks so rich and creamy that I always assumed it was really heavy and rich in fat. Boy, was I wrong! Turns out that Greek yogurt is all natural and in many cases lower in fat, calories and sugar than many other kinds of yogurt. It's gluten-free and vegetarian to boot.

Here's some photos of the snack I had today, made with Fage (the 0% kind), fresh strawberries, a little lemon curd and Chocolate Cashew Cupola Cookies, which I crushed and sprinkled on top.

creamy-fruity-light-refreshing-good for you



No comments: