Thursday, April 30, 2009

EastPack- Just Like Unwrapped and Mr. Rogers

Whenever I catch Food Network's show, Unwrapped, I am always fascinated by the behind-the-scenes clips they show of the manufacturing facilities that make everything from Peeps to cereal and chocolate. Similarly, anyone remember the episode of Mr. Rogers, where he visits the Crayola factory to see how crayons are made? I think this was where it all started for me. There is something so entertaining and utterly amazing about seeing large, sophisticated and robotic-like machines neatly and quickly produce items, whether edible or not. If you missed this episode of Mr. Rogers, you can watch a video clip of happy little crayons moving down a conveyor belt below. Boy, I miss that red button down cardigan.




In about a month or so, we'll be heading to EastPack, which is one of the nation's largest trade shows related to packaging and learning more about automating manufacturing processes for a variety of industries, including food products. The prospect of seeing these machines live and in person is thrilling (nerd alert, I know) and what's even more exciting is the thought that we will be able to check out some equipment that will help us produce and package our Cupola Cookies & Clouds more efficiently. Here's a little preview of what we'll be seeing at EastPack (click on image below to view video clip), if you're curious. My favorite part is the robotic arm that's stacking the Legos!

2 comments:

Miecky said...

Good job. You have built a nice blog.I have Download Unwrapped Episodes, actually not all episodes but its some episodes. This is nice show. I have just watched its download episodes.

Stephanie from Cupoladua Oven said...

Thanks Miecky- I'm glad to hear you enjoy reading our blog.

Please feel free to subscribe to our blog if you interested- from time to time we'll be hosting some contests with some great free giveaways!