Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Positive Feedback Feeds the Soul


Espresso Walnut Cupola Cookies dipped in dark chocolate fondue. This photo has nothing to do with today's blog posting, but I really liked it. Boy, I could go for some chocolate right about now.

Today we received a wonderfully kind email from a customer who recently tried our Cupola Cookies at a product demo we had in Pittsburgh. It's things like this that remind me and my mom why we started our business and just how much we love what we're doing. Despite some of the obstacles and challenges that we face as a small business trying to create a niche for ourselves in the market, it is really rewarding to get positive feedback about our products.

I know this all sounds a little cliche, but it's true. When I was working at my previous job in New York, it was nice to receive a compliment from my supervisor about the accuracy of a report or the attention detail put into a presentation, but for some reason, I value the bits of positive feedback we receive about our company or products now, so much more. Both my mom and I really take them to heart. I think this has to do with how passionately all entrepreneurs feel about what they create. Their businesses are like their babies. Just like mothers love their children blindly and unconditionally, the same is true for entrepreneurs and what they produce, whether it's the artist who created a painting that will eventually be sold at a gallery auction, the technology sophisticate who came up with another online phenomenon a la Twitter (which by the way I have not yet succumbed to) or in our case, yummy, all-natural and gluten-free baked goods.

No comments: