Saturday, March 14, 2009

On The Road Again...

My mom and I have been on the road since Wednesday, doing product demos at 7 more Whole Foods stores in Washington D.C., VA and MD. I have to say that I love road trips, no matter what they're for- work or vacation- I love traveling. Having a stash of yummy snacks and a collection of good music helps too!

On Thursday we were doing demos in Silver Spring, MD and Washington D.C. I drove most of the way (mom was winglady and chief navigator as she sat in the front passenger seat) and boy are there some aggressive drivers in the D.C. area. I guess you kind of have to be, if bottleneck traffic is an everyday occurrence. But overall the traffic didn't bother me all that much and I gave myself a little pat on the back for managing to find my way through D.C. and remain accident free on the Capital Beltway.

On Friday I did demos in Arlington, VA and Rockville, MD and my mom handed out samples in the Tenley Town area of D.C. We sold a good amount of product and by this point had clocked a good amount of miles on our little car.

We spent today (Saturday) in Charlottesville. It was great to be back at my old college stomping grounds. Before going to the demo we had scheduled for today, we visited the grounds of UVA and even had breakfast at my favorite bagel place. Everytime I go to Charlottesville, I still feel completely nostalgic for the years I spent in school there. It's such a wonderful feeling, and I hope that never changes.

Here are some random and fun shots from our trip so far:











Our car was packed to the gills with boxes of Cupola Cookies and Cupola Clouds samples before we left Pittsburgh.











Silver Spring Whole Foods












The Obama car- it was covered in Obama stickers and the Obama campaign slogan "Yes We Can"- A creative and quirky way to show support!












A neat aerial shot of the Alexandria Whole Foods- the seating area for this store is on the second floor, so you can get an interesting bird's eye view from up there.















Bodo's Bagels- They may make the best bagels in all of Virginia- I kid you not. My fav: Egg and Cheese on Whole Wheat.


No comments: