Monday, March 9, 2009

Product Demos Galore


I'm writing this morning from my computer as I wait for a shipment of our Cupola Cookies & Clouds to get picked up and sent to our distributor.

This past weekend the temperature got up to 68 degrees, a sure sign that Spring is on its way!

This is also demo season for us. Two weeks ago, I drove down to the Washington D.C., Northern Virginia and Maryland to do a couple product demos at Whole Food stores in the area. Let me begin by saying how much fun it is to visit different Whole Foods locations! You know those people that take road trips to visit different baseball fields around the country? I'm seriously thinking that the equivalent of that for me would be taking a cross country trip to visit Whole Foods stores (and I'm not just saying this because the stores carry our products).

Here's how my product demo expedition worked out:

Whole Foods Harbor East (Baltimore, MD)- Located right by the Inner Harbor. My demo location was right in the front of the store, which was fantastic- I was able to get customers that were entering the store and those standing in line to check out to sample or Cupola Cookies. And as a bonus, the store had a great coffee bar!

Whole Foods Vienna (Vienna, VA)- This store is situated right in the heart of this small and cozy town, which is just a couple minutes from Washington D.C. Customers at this location seemed especially enthusiastic about our products.

Whole Foods Fair Lakes (Fairfax, VA)
- Next to the flagship store in Austin, this one has to be the mother of all Whole Foods stores. The store's gelato bar (yes, gelato!) almost did me in. If it hadn't been so cold, I would have definitely tried some, but decided to go with some hot coffee instead. If only I had had more time to peruse! We actually did our product demo at this location as part of a Gluten Free Fair event that was being held on a busy Saturday afternoon. In total there were about 20 gluten-free vendors participating in the event.

We were even featured on a healthy living blog, The W.H.O.L.E. Gang, as part of the Gluten Free Fair event. Check out the post here.

Our next set of Whole Foods demos are coming up this weekend. This time we are going to be at 6 different stores over 3 days and my mom will be coming with to help. See you on the road!

2 comments:

ElleMigliore said...

Goodluck at all the Whole Foods! Do y'all sell at the ones in Southern California?? i'm eager to try Cupola!!

Stephanie from Cupoladua Oven said...

Hi Elle- our products haven't reached the Whole Foods stores in CA just yet, but we're hoping that they start carrying them soon.

We're going to start having giveaways on our blog and through our Facebook page (just search for Cupoladua Oven), so feel free to check back- maybe we'll be able to send you a sampler package if you win!