Sunday, August 19, 2007

Fun Food Photography

Add two more retail locations to that list where you can find our Chocolate Cashew Meringue cookies- 21 st Street Coffee and Tea. You can now purchase our cookies at both of the 21st Street locations- in downtown Pittsburgh at the Frick Building and as at the Strip District. 21 st Street is unique in that it serves direct trade coffee and tea, which means that growers are payed at least 25% above fair trade prices, providing additional incentives for farmers to follow environmentally sustainable growing practices.

On another note, I also took some new photos of the cookies the other day, to add to the website. I love photography and I think photos food especially, can be very artistic. Some of my favorite photographers include Michael Kenna, Walker Evans and Richard Avedon. Their subjects weren't food, but I find their work to be distinctive, really thought provoking, and in some cases, entertaining. It was fun dreaming up different set ups for the cookie "photoshoot." I have to admit that cookies are ideal models- they don't require wardrobe changes and they take direction really well. Below are a couple of the pics that will be appearing on the site soon.




The leaning tower of cookies- not to be
confused with the leaning tower of Pisa.




A bag of our cookies from upside down.


Next up- online retail! We're hoping to have our cookies available for purchase through Amazon.com by the end of the month. More info to come.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi!
You may probably be very curious to know how one can make real money on investments.
There is no need to invest much at first.
You may commense to get income with a money that usually goes
on daily food, that's 20-100 dollars.
I have been participating in one company's work for several years,
and I'm ready to share my secrets at my blog.

Please visit blog and send me private message to get the info.

P.S. I earn 1000-2000 per daily now.

http://theinvestblog.com [url=http://theinvestblog.com]Online Investment Blog[/url]